Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a day!

Today started out with Paul making a run to Sears to pick up the paint for the kitchen. I had picked out a color at Lowes, but he wanted to get the paint from Sears because it was on sale. He got home, and I left to run some errands. When I got home, I walked into the kitchen and was speechless. It was not the color I picked. It was green, but not the green on the card. Everyone seemed to like it and I did not want to say I didn't like it because of all the work he had done to finish it, but he could tell I really didn't like the color.

But, I told him it was fine-let's just get it done and we'll repaint somewhere down the road.

Meanwhile, last night, our hot water heater died. I know, nice timing. So he's been running around, trying to fix that also. He ordered one online, a new tankless kind, just to find out this morning it probably wouldn't work for us. So in between trying to cancel that order, finding a regular, big water heater and his regular responsiblities (which today included a hospital visit to an elderly man just out of surgery), he ran by Sears and got the right color green.

He tires me out sometimes!

Tonight was our ladies out dinner, so Anna and I went out to dinner and came home to find my father in law and Paul Jr. installing the new water heater, and Paul and Zack (and later Paul Jr.) repainting the kitchen. They got the water heater all installed and I took a nice shower! And they got the kitchen painted (the first coat) and the color looks much better. It's a different color than I am used to (moss green), but I like it. However, now the dining room will have to be painted! It never ends.

All this with a baby coming in six days.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm anxious to see the "after" picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!