Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

I had my doctor's appointment today and everything went well. My bp was higher than last week, but still in the normal range. Praise God. It was a quick visit, and I was thrilled to be in and out of there. I only have 1 more regular doctor's appointment, which is next week, and then the next week is the pre-op appointment and then the baby! If all goes well next week, I will have avoided bedrest FOR THE FIRST TIME! I have been on bedrest for some amount of time with each pregnancy and I find it almost humorous that I may avoid it at the age of 41!

Sam did much better going potty today, even staying dry for his nap. He still doesn't initiate going as much as I would like him to, but he is getting used to it and can even go by himself with the stool. There is a chance (albeit a small one) that he may be potty trained by the time Benjamin gets here. Now that would be nice.

Tonight is the beginning of Lent. Our family has given something up for the last few years, both corporately and individually. Paul, my husband, has given up the Internet this year. I'm not sure what the kids are giving up. I think I'll give up being pregnant. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great news about the BP. I was tagged today with a blogging blessing. I passed it on to you.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
Although we don't do lent-we discussed in prayer group today the reason and value of fasting. It is to experience that God can bring the same or more satisfaction than the thing we love or feel we need at the time. it is a whole new concept for us. So we will see. Love you
Can't wait to get there and get hugs.

Anonymous said...

of course from Mom