Friday, June 15, 2012
- The girls returned home from camp today. They've been gone since Sunday afternoon. The house has been somewhat quieter with them gone. The little ones were so glad to see them this afternoon when they returned. According to all reports, they both had a great time.
- Last week, when Paul was in Virginia, I took it upon myself to rid our yard of leaves. You would not believe how many leaves there were in our front and side yards. I'm certain some of those leaves have been there for years. I'm not sure why I did it. It was very hard work and I severly underestimated the time it would take me to rake all those millions of leaves into the woods. I had several blisters on my hands from the rake, but it was very fulfilling to get it done.
- Zack and his girl friend, Andrea, fly home next week. The little boys are counting down sleeps until Bubba gets here.
- Sam was on the couch all day with a sour stomach. He threw up a few times and laid around all day, but by bed time I think he was feeling better. Now the question is, will it travel through the rest of us, or will we avoid it altogether? I vote for the second option.
- Emma is talking all the time now. She is such a happy little girl, usually laughing or giggling or squealing, running and jumping. I love watching her play. Can't believe she'll be two in a few weeks.
- Benjamin has really learned to enjoy coloring. He will sit at the table and color for an hour with his crayons and markers. He reminds me so much of Zack, who used to do the same thing.
- Paul Jr. gave his notice at Walmart. Hit me like a ton of bricks that he is actually leaving in a few weeks. Not sure my heart can handle him leaving. I'm thrilled for him, yet very sad for myself. The house will seem very empty with him and without Zack. I knew this day was coming, but it still came too soon.
- I'm still losing weight, slowly but surely. I'll do a post about it when I reach my next goal. I'm at 119 pounds lost right now. I'm happy about that, but I'm thrilled about my blood pressure which has been absolutely normal for 2 weeks without medicine. I check it every day, sometimes a couple times a day, and it has been in the normal range for 14 days. Praise God.
- I've changed the way I eat drastically. The first few weeks were hard, but now? No problems and I feel great and I think my change in eating is what has pushed my bp down. A post is coming on that also.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Paul surprised me a few months ago by telling me he had bought tickets for the Yankees/Braves game for me for our anniversary. I was thrilled! I have been a die-hard Yankees fan since I was a little girl and I love watching them play. We went to quite a few games when I was a kid, but it's been a long time since I've been able to see the Yankees play live. I think the last time was about 15 years ago in Florida, so I was thrilled when he told me. I was also happy because, as much as I am a die- hard Yankees fan, he is NOT. So it was kind of a sacrifice for him to buy the tickets. The game was last night, and we went with Paul's sister Sherry, also a die-hard Yankee fan and her brand new husband, Jere, a Braves fan.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Next up? A certain almost 2 year old spied some Dora and Elmo fabric on our last trip to the fabric store. Her excitement led me to purchase some, and now they are calling to me to make her a new quilt.