Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

This was supposed to be my 200th post in 2007, but we got in a rousing Monopoly game tonight that dragged on and I missed the deadline! I also lost the game terribly. In fact, everyone else is still playing and I just gave up and came to bed.

Paul wanted to start a new tradition of having corn beef and cabbage on New Years Eve. Of course, he told me this too late to do it in the crock pot and almost too late to cook it on the stove. So I decided to cook it in my pressure cooker. I've made it before this way and it was delicious. But not this time. I don't know what happened- I followed the recipe exactly, but it burned. Terribly. Smoke filled the house as we hurridly opened the doors to try and air it out. All of the water had boiled out- not supposed to happen. The pan is a mess and the meat was ruined. We still had a nice dinner, but not corn beef and cabbage! Trigger polished off the meat after dinner.

Happy New Years to you and yours! May 2008 be your best year ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth!

I read your blog all the time now!! I feel evil commenting on your sad meal, but I really like the idea of the tradition, and can relate to a meal burning... haha

Anna (Benzing) Cast