Friday, January 4, 2008

And it Begins....

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. I felt great, so I was expecting everything to be fine. Wrong. My blood pressure was up significantly- so much so that the doctor sent me to the hospital to be monitored for a while, just to be on the safe side. As soon as they took my bp at the hospital, it was normal. All the lab work was fine and the baby sounded great. It was just a precaution.

However, I do have to go back to the doctor on Monday. If it's still up, I'm certain it will mean bedrest. It may mean that even if it's normal. I can't complain- I had 3 weeks longer than I did with Sam, and I was just concerned about making it through Christmas without having to be on bedrest.

But that means I will be working furiously on the baby quilt this weekend- I do want to have it done before he comes. I also have a list of other things I wanted to get done also. Hopefully I will be able to knock some of them out also.

It is cold here- second day in a row. It is in the teens when we wake up and we are so not used to that! Our fireplace has been burning continually for two days trying to keep the house warm, and I must say it is doing a good job of it. The house is much warmer than it's ever been.

Samuel got his staples out yesterday. Paul took him and said he only fussed a bit. Sam was very proud that he did not cry. He saw a little baby at the doctor's office and was telling me about it when he got home. He then said, "We don't like babies." Oh no, I said, we LOVE babies! Hopefully he'll change his mind when baby Ben arrives!

No comments: