Monday, December 31, 2007

2007

Here we are on the last day of 2007. It seems unbelievable to me that 2007 is gone and 2008 is upon us. This past year, like all others before it, has had its ups and downs, good points and bad, mountains and valleys. As I reflect back, I wonder, just what did we really do this year? What did we get done? What have we learned? Here's a summary of our year, broken down by months.

January- I began this blog. I had started another blog elsewhere, but let it go. I tried to keep this blog anonymous, but decided to "take it public" instead to keep in touch with family and friends. I enjoy "journaling" this way and look forward to posting often. (If you'll notice, this will be my 199th post- I will reach that 200 mark before 2008!)

February- The 20th anniversary of Paul and my first date!

March- I attended the Gulf Coast Above Rubies retreat with 7 other women from our church. It was a wonderful time of refreshing and fellowship. Paul, Jr. also got his drivers license during this month.

April- We were able to pull off an awesome surprise birthday party for Paul's 40th birthday. We learned the night before that a big part of our plan had fallen through, but it was amazing to see all the pieces fall into place that day even better than what we had planned. It touched my heart that God is interested in even the smaller things of life, like a surprise party!

May- Our family took a mini-vacation to Florida to visit family and friends. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed ourselves. Our church also held it's spring campout and again, it was a great time of fun and fellowship.

June- I found out I was expecting our 6th child. What a blessing and what excitement!

July- I turned 41! Paul, Anna, Ellie, Samuel and I spent a week at Junior Camp in Roberta, Georgia.

August- We started round 1 of potty training; we also turned off the tv and the dvd player. (We haven't missed them yet.) The girls left for 2 weeks in Kansas with their Grandparents and we redid their room.

September- We began our eleventh year of homeschooling.

October- We found out we are expecting our fourth son: Benjamin Robert Anthony and we couldn't be happier!

November- Sam stops sleeping in the crib and sleeps in a big boy bed. Potty training round 2 begins and ends in failure.

December- My Grandmother went home to be with Jesus. Her homegoing celebration was such a tribute to her, but more so to the God she loved.

I hope I'm ending this year a different person than when I began. I hope God never lets me get comfortable with who I am. This past year has had it's hard spots, but in looking back, the hand of God is evident in them as well as in the good times. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Hope and a future- that's what God promises, and really, what more do we need??? This is my prayer for 2008- that God will pour out his Hope on my family and lead us by His Plans into His perfect future for us all.

No comments: