Thursday, January 31, 2008

Do I have the best husband or what?????

Photography has been a passion of mine since high school. My parents bought me my first "real" camera for my high school graduation and I used that camera for many years. When we lived in Florida, one year I received some money for my birthday. We had a man in our church who owned a pawn shop and who heard that I was looking for a new camera. He told me he had a few and to come over and take a look. I fell in love with a Minolta 35mm, but mostly with the telephoto lens. He gave me an awesome deal on a great camera. It was all manual and I had to learn how to use it and what all the numbers meant. I had that camera for many years until I dropped it and it never worked right again.

For my birthday about 5 years ago, Paul bought me a newer model 35 mm camera-a Canon rebel eos. It is a great camera and I used it alot. I got it right as digital cameras were coming on the market, and I didn't even consider a digital. They were too much money and I loved my 35mm. The only drawback was the price you paid for film, developing, and putting the pictures on cd. It cost me about $10 a roll to get developed, and I take alot of pictures. As digitals improved and came down in price, I had my eye on my same camera, only digital. But, we didn't have that kind of money to spare, and my camera worked fine.

We decided not to get each other Christmas presents this year. We are trying to reduce our debt and to increase our savings, and honestly, we don't need anything. 3 days before Christmas Paul told me he had found the camera I had, but the digital model. What made this a great deal was that the lenses I have for my current camera fit the digital model. So, we only had to buy the body and the memory card. Great, I thought. I'll keep it in mind for when I have some extra money. But Paul told me he ordered this camera for me for Christmas. What??? I was a little surprised and alot excited. A day later he got an email that said they were backordered and the cameras wouldn't be in for a few weeks.

He called about it last week. Come to find out, they had no idea when the camera would be in, and even more discouraging, it was a "Chinese" model. I'm not sure what that means, but it made us very suspicious. Unfortunately, as he looked around for another one, he was unable to match the price. All the others were significantly higher. I was disappointed, but I understood.

Guess what showed up in a FedEx truck at my door today? Yep, you guessed it- my new 10.1 mega pixel Canon Rebel xti digital camera. He went ahead and ordered it and tried to keep it a secret, but told me a day or two ago. It's a beautiful camera and I can't wait to use it. We are waiting on the memory card, and then there will be lots of photos on my blog. And, it's just in time for Baby Ben. I guess I really can take thousands of pictures of him now!

Paul has always been generous with me, but this time he outdid himself. God was so good to me when he brought Paul into my life. And I don't mean just because of the big things like this camera. I mean in lots of little ways every day. Did I tell you how much he has done around the house, just because he knows I get a little crazy like that before a baby arrives? And how he has made sure to do all the little things I have asked him? And how he doesn't complain when our bedroom and bathroom get messy because I just can't get to it? My daughters will be blessed if they marry a man like their dad. No, he's not perfect. But he's mine. And I love him. Alot.


Thank you honey. You're the best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elizabrth
Send this to Rebecca I can't post on hers because of anonymous exclusion or something thanks kid new baby getting close congrads on you camera
Love Aunt Emmy


Dear Rebecca,

Not a dry eye in the room that night. Adam and Jennifer were married on July 22 there real wedding date. They danced with the brideand groom and each another great memory on tape. But the song and the dance really were hard to take as the song was a surprize to all of us thanks mr dj and God for trnder mercies.

Love Emmy

Rebecca said...

Well, I don't know if you have the BEST husband.....but yeah, you got a good one!! Have fun with the camera. You deserve it!!

Unknown said...

As I read this I thought you must be married to someone besides me! Hey girl, you make it easy to be a good man. Love you.
Paul