Saturday, January 19, 2008

Priceless

Lunch with my 15 year old son: $10.00

Movies with my 15 year old son: $11:50

Spending a few hours of one on one time with a 15 year old boy: Priceless.


Yesterday Zack and I spent the afternoon together. I started a tradition years ago for each child for their birthdays. I take them out to eat and then to a movie of their choice. It has become a fun time (and as they get older, the movies usually appeal to me also! It was tough when it was all cartoons!)

So yesterday was Zack's turn. He picked a movie that I would never have picked nor would I have watched. But it was his pick, so we went to it. Let's just say I was glad when it was over! I did enjoy spending time with him one on one. We had a nice lunch and time together.

Last night, Paul and the older boys went to Camp Eunice for their men's retreat, so we had a girls night. We rented the lastest installment in the Love Comes Softly series and we really enjoyed it. This morning we are cleaning in preparation for our company for hospitality Sunday tomorrow. I will say since we revamped our chore system, there is alot less to do.

Thursday night I was up very late "unquilting". I had quilted the middle of Ben's baby quilt, and was just not satisfied with it. I ripped all the stitches out and started again. I was going to quilt it on the machine, but I just couldn't get the stitches right, so I opted to hand quilt the middle. I find it much more relaxing to hand quilt- it is actually easier, although it takes much more time. So while we watched the movie, I quilted. I'm almost done with the middle, and then I will use the machine to quilt the borders. My goal is to be totally done with it by the end of January- I would love to be totally ready for the baby by then also. We're getting there, slowly but surely. 3 rooms down, 4 rooms to go.

No comments: