Friday, May 9, 2008

My Mother's Day/Birthday Present





I told Paul a couple of weeks ago what I wanted for my birthday- a new porch swing. Ours was given to us when we moved into this house, over 6 years ago, and it has gotten alot of use and cracked in several places. I also told him I wanted it now(nothing like being demanding about your own present!) but I knew that around my birthday (July) it would be so hot, I wouldn't be able to use it much. So he combined Mother's Day and my birthday presents and got me a nice swing! It is beautiful and comfortable and I love it. I was on it every chance I got today. I love swinging on it with the baby- better than a rocking chair. Thanks Paul!

The first thing Samuel did was to climb up on the arm, grab the chain and show us his new "bow and arrow sing" (thing- he doesn't say th). He has shot that bow and arrow all day!

Good thing he's so cute!

Trigger and Bullet in all their glory. Paul ordered an electric invisible fence for them since they get out so often. Hopefully this will contain them.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Love the swing!! I have been enjoying mine so much this time of year before it gets too hot.
Thanks for all the beautiful pics. The girls & I so enjoy them.

Love,
Dar

Jamie said...

What a great swing! My hubby can't wait to give me gifts either, he's like a little kid;)