Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday

I've been a bit under the weather today. I woke up with an excruciating headache and stomach ache. Half of our church was out yesterday with a stomach bug, so I assumed that's what I had and headed back to bed. After a nap and an Excedrin, the headache was all but gone and my stomach felt much better. I think after a good nights sleep I will feel much better in the morning. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I made chicken quesadillas tonight for supper. I don't think I've ever made these before and they were a hit! We all loved them, except Sam and Ben who preferred eating the chicken by itself. I have found myself quite frequently looking for new recipes on the Internet and enjoying the search. It makes me wonder what I did before the Internet- actually look in a cookbook??

I took the kids to see the movie G-Force at the dollar movies last night. I'm glad we waited to see it at the dollar movies, because, in my opinion, that's about all it was worth! Don't get me wrong, the kids loved it (especially Sam and Ben), but it was about the silliest movie I've ever seen.

Paul, Paul Jr and Zack are all headed to the mountains for a long weekend of hunting, along with 2 other boys. Anna and Ellie opted not to go. They are just not into primitive camping and I don't blame them one bit. Although Paul tells me this campsite is not primitive because it has working toilets. No showers. For 2 1/2 days. I think that's primitive!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I hope you're feeling better. I discovered that Jacob will actually eat chicken quesadillas and make them at least once a week. Used to make them just for him but Amy said they smelled so good I made them for everyone. They love them too. I'm like you, always looking for something new.