Monday, October 19, 2009

The Fair

We had the opportunity to go to the state fair on Friday. We really didn't have alot of time, but this was the only day we were going to be able to go before it closed. The night before we went, one of our friends offered us free passes! That saved us $40! We really enjoyed the fair, knowing that we didn't have to pay for it. Look how big my children are getting. Anna is past her dad's shoulders. When did that happen?
Can't you just smell the friend foods?

Paul eating his favorite thing- a turkey leg. He talked all the way there about getting a turkey leg. As you can see, it was a big hit. Notice the little hand in the corner waiting for a piece?

The cows. I enjoyed looking at the cows, but, I am not a fan of barns. The smell is overwhelming.
Ben and Ellie petting a gigantic rabbit.
Ben enjoying the freedom of NOT being in the stroller.
Mmmmm! Onion rings. One of my favorite.
They looked wonderful. However, they were just okay.
Anna was determined to climb this wall and grab the $100 at the top. She almost made it. The nice man let her try twice, and both times she came within 4 feet of the money.

Ben and Sam playing with Thomas the train.
Anna and Ellie pointing to one of my pictures I entered. The judges were very kind in their comments. Although I didn't win, it was satisfying to see my pictures up there with everyone else's.
Another pic. One of my favorites.

The one with the road is mine.
Ellie and Sam painted Christmas ornaments.
Anna may be getting big, but she is not too big to hold her dad's hand. Sweet.
Honey.
Paul told me I could take his picture. So I did.
Ben's reaction to the honey straw.
Ben, Anna and a baby chick.
Ellie held that chick for a long time.
Sam and the chick. Sam was holding the chick and it pecked at him and he threw it down! It scared him bad!
Not sure what Ben is pointing at.
Sam was rather proud of the fact that he held another chick after throwing the other down.
Piggies.
Ben almost falling asleep on Paul's shoulders.
Side view.

His eyes are getting droopy.
Wide awake. He got his second wind in time to have some cheesecake on a stick!
We had a great day.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Can still see little Paul John in that picture. Tell Ellie those chicks may be cute now but they grow into ugly chickens!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the fair pics. Now I feel like I got to go! Thanks!
Love,
Sherry

Chuck said...

Where do naughty chicks go - McDonalds, where did you think they got their chicken nuggets from? (I love my chickens - even the naughty ones - they become dinner!)