Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday

This has been a busy week and it's hard to believe it's almost over. The highlight of my week was most definitely being able to attend the birth of a friends baby. I had asked her months ago if she would let me come and watch her baby being born, and help out with her young children. She graciously said yes, and so Wednesday night, around 11:15, I got the call I've been waiting for. Her husband told me early labor had started. This is her fourth baby, so he wasn't sure how long it would take.

I went back to bed until the phone rang at 3. He told me she would probably give birth in about 30 minutes. I quickly got up and dressed and drove to their home. Everything was so quiet and peaceful there. She was laboring in the tub, so her two children and I sat in the living room until the baby was ready to be born. We were called in about 4:55, just in time to see the baby being born. It was amazing, to watch that baby take her first breath and hear her first cries. Birth truly is a miracle, and I felt privileged to be a part of it, from the other side. The baby was beautiful with a head full of light blond hair.

It has turned hot here again. We relented and turned the a/c back on a few days ago. It is always so hard to turn it back on when it's been off for a while. Hopefully we'll be able to turn it back off soon.

Our dogs have been sick. Sheba was sick the first few days of this week, throwing up and just laying around, not eating anything, which is so unlike her. She's all better now, but Bella is sick now. Bella is much sicker than Sheba was, and we are very concerned about her. We don't know why they got sick, but if I had to guess, I'd guess they ate something they shouldn't have. Those two will eat just about anything. We praying and hoping Bella gets better.

I had to have 3 cavities filled at the dentist this week. It's been sooooo long since I had a cavity filled, I wasn't sure what to expect. It was uncomfortable, and irritating, but not painful in the least. I was glad when it was over. I have to go back in 2 weeks to have more cavities filled. I will be glad when my teeth are "up to code".

Have a good night.

No comments: