Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday

It's been quiet around here these past few days. Well, as quiet as it gets with two girls in the house! It is nice to have a break in the schedule. We eat when we're hungry (sandwiches and such), stay up late and sleep in late (as late as you can with a 22 month old). We expect the boys back tomorrow afternoon or evening. I talked to Paul this afternoon, and they hadn't seen a deer yet, but he said the foliage was well worth the trip. I'm a bit jealous! However, not too jealous as to want to primitive camp to see it! I'll wait a few more weeks and the trees around here will be colorful.

I took the girls to the big antique mall about 20 minutes away. I hadn't been there in years and they had no memory of ever going. It's so fun to go and just look at everything. Ellie told me on the way home she could have spent hours in there. I wasn't sure how long we'd stay with Benjamin not having napped and us not bringing the stroller. But, thank God, they had carts, so that helped. Although by the time we left, he was YELLING as we walked around. He wasn't mad or grumpy, just wanted everyone to hear him I guess.

It's funny to see some of the things that we had while I was growing up, now in an antiques mall. I showed the girls some lunchboxes that were like the ones I used when I was in school. They were amazed! They had a whole display of salt and pepper shakers that put my collection to shame. I never realized there were so many. We've already made plans to go back, this time without Ben!

No comments: