Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 17- Home at last


We left Florida around 1. We all got up early and most of us biked to a nice cafe where we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast and then biked back. Then it was time to tear down our campsite. It was the hardest tearing down of the trip! I don't know if it was the heat, or that we were simply tired of doing it, but it took us a long time to get all packed up. I sat with Benjamin in front of a fan most of the time because he was so hot.


We pulled into our driveway at 7:15, so glad to be home and so glad to see our dogs, who were thrilled to see us! We then unloaded the trailer and went to church, where we arrived right as the service was ending. They were so happy to see us, as we were them.


It is good to be home. I'm glad to be sleeping in my bed and I was happy to shower in my bathroom without flip-flops on my feet and I was thrilled to get dressed without having to worry about my clothes touching the wet bathroom floor! It's amazing what you can be thankful for!


We had a great trip and I have some more odds and ends to post, but for now, I'm too tired, so check back in the next few days for the wrap up of our massive vacation.

No comments: