Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Photo Shoot

We like pictures.  We like taking family pictures.  (And by "we", I mean Paul and I and any children under 10).  So Paul and I decided that since Zack was home, we would be taking pictures on vacation.  And everyone would participate.  Happily.  And, we would all wear white shirts with jeans.  Happily.  So, on our way out of town, we stopped at the Sock Shoppe and purchased white shirts for everyone so there would be no excuses (and no dirty stained shirts).  This was met with groans and comments, but Paul and I stood firm and everyone cooperated.  We had looked for locations all week in Blue Ridge and found several beautiful spots.  I would have loved to take pics in front of one of the waterfalls, but not very realistic.  It was the last day we were there and I noticed that in front of the cabin was a nice green, wooded area.  And it turned out to be perfect!  It was so, so hot that we needed a few towels to wipe our faces with.  And Emma was so sure I was leaving, that anytime I put her down or gave her to someone else, she cried.  But even with these distratractions, I was very pleased with the way these photos came out.  Thank you to Joseph for snapping most of them.



































We snapped over 200 pictures in less than 15 minutes.  I think these are the best ones.  I love the white shirts against the green background and of course, I love all these people!  This was a great birthday present!

2 comments:

Chuck said...

You and Paul have been truly blessed with a beautiful family - Oh and Happy Birthday!

Elizabeth said...

thank you!