Monday, May 10, 2010

31 weeks (and counting!!)

I went to the doctor this morning. At this point in my pregnancy, because of my past history, I never know what to expect. I was concerned about my blood sugar this morning because I really don't want to have to do insulin shots. But my blood sugar was not the problem this morning. My blood pressure was up after being so stable for several months. But, even that was not too bad. The doc ordered some blood work and didn't seem too concerned. I was glad he didn't put me on another medicine because of one high reading.

I also found out that the doctor may take the baby at 38 weeks instead of 39. Whoa. That's in 7 weeks. We have alot to get done in 7 weeks! Little miss Emma was being very feisty when the doc tried to listen to her heart. As soon as the doc put the gel on my belly, she was right there, kicking it with all her might. And when she put the Doppler on my belly, Emma was right there, kicking and squirming, making my whole belly move. It was quite funny!

It was at this point in my pregnancy with Samuel that I was put on bedrest, so that is always in the back of my mind when I go. So when I get to go home and don't have to come back for 2 weeks, I feel free!!

I have alot to do this week. We have to catch up on the laundry and housework that didn't get done this weekend. And, I have to make the slideshow for Zack's graduation on Saturday, which entails going through hundreds (maybe thousands) of pictures and finding the right ones. I don't mind doing that, but it's just finding the time to get it done.

I can't believe Zack is graduating. It doesn't seem that long ago that I started Kindergarten with him. He started a bit early because there was no telling him that he was not going to do school with Paul. I remember sitting on the floor of my room, with a big sheet of construction paper teaching him his letters and sounds. How could that have been 13 years ago? Amazing.

Zack is our first entirely homeschooled graduate. There are many things I wish I would have done differently with him, but in spite of his mom, he has done well, especially the last half of this year. God has great things in store for him- I can't wait to see what they are!

No comments: