Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday

We had a wonderful time this afternoon hosting a few families from our church for lunch. Paul smoked some meat, and I made cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole. Everything was delicious, but the fellowship made the meal. We have found that in order to get to know families more intimately, we need to have them in our home. Our fellowship meal at church is great, but even that doesn't lend itself to really getting to know someone. I enjoy having people over, but I do not have the gift of hospitality. My husband does, which made for some intersting situations early on in our marriage. Thank God we learned how to work with each other instead of frustrating each other.

This week will be spent getting ready for Thanksgiving. We will have Paul's parents, brothers, sister and brother in law and a family from our church. We always have a bunch of people over- one year we had almost 30! We had a few years where we did not live by any family, so we started the tradition of having people over who had no other place to go. We had several older people over the first few years we lived here and really enjoyed it. My inlaws help by bringing various parts of the meal so I don't have to cook it all. Paul always takes care of the turkeys- I think this year he is smoking it. He does make the best turkey!

No comments: