Monday, November 5, 2007

Sunday

We had a wonderful church service yesterday. There was a such a sweet spirit in our church that hadn't been there in several weeks. We were full, with a lot of first time visitors, which is always encouraging. Paul preached an outstanding message on ownership- how God owns everything we own. The music was perfect and so worshipful.



But the most powerful element of the entire service was when Paul (my husband, the pastor of our church) got down on his hands and knees and knelt before a certain man and began to wash his feet. This man had just apologized to the church for something that was done, and Paul wanted to show that this man and his family were restored to the fellowship. There was absolute silence in the church as we all watched this image of servanthood.

As I was sitting in the back, taking all this in, I could almost envision God sitting up in heaven, saying to Himself, "No, I am not finished with this church yet." Our church has gone through a rough time lately, and yesterday was a confirmation that God is not finished with us yet.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

What a great service! God has been at work and I think we are starting to see some good. I am thankful for a Pastor who is willing to humble himself. Thank you Paul. Elizabeth you are a rock. Ya'll keep standing for truth. Our prayers are with you both.

Love,

The Creaths

Jamie said...

Oh Beth, that is amazing!!! I saw that in a movie (one w/Michael W. Smith). I bawled like a baby. I mean of course I know its in the Bible...but to SEE it...I would've been sobbing like a big baby had I been in your church. How awesome to see God moving!!! Sounds like you have a wonderful Pastor/husband!!!