Thursday, November 22, 2007

20 Years

20 years ago today, Paul asked me to marry him. We were in Baltimore at the time, home from college for the Thanksgiving break. I knew he was going to ask me, but I had no idea it would be at Thanksgiving. In the afternoon, he asked me if I would like to go to the Inner Harbor and walk around. I, of course, said yes! But I asked my 2 year old nephew Joshua if he would like to go, not knowing what the purpose of the trip was. Somehow, between my mom and sister, they persuaded him not to go and Paul and I took off.

20 years is a long time- sometimes I just can't believe it's been that long. But today, on Thanksgiving, Paul is at the top of my list of things to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, 20 years? That's awesome!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful memory!