Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday (already?)

Where do the weeks go? It seems this one just started and now it is the weekend already.

Paul and Zack are out hunting this morning in hopes of Zack shooting his first deer. A friend of Paul's invited them out to their hunting land where he has seen many deer. They were so excited last night that I hope he shoots one. I'm anxiously waiting the phone call that will tell me it has happened.

Monday we took the kids to the little park in our community. It was an absolutely stunning day and perfect for a picnic. It was so nice to have all of us there, something that doesn't happen all the time anymore. Sam just ran and ran and swang and ran some more. He just doesn't run out of energy.

Last night I was able to get to the fabric store by myself. I hadn't done that in a long time, too long. I have been itching to make a quilt for my new baby and wanted to look at some fabric. Unfortunately, I didn't find what I was looking for. But I will keep looking! I want this baby to come home in a quilt made by his mom. Ellie was the only other baby I brought home in a quilt I made and I am looking forward to doing it again.

Today is a busy day, at least for part of our family. Paul and Zack should be home around 11 and we are hoping to run up to Christmas Made in the South, a big craft fair that comes each year. Our main purpose in going is to buy an ornament for our tree. We buy an ornament each year with all our names on it and the year; we have quite a collection now. I am not sure that we will find one with 8 names; finding one with 7 names was rather difficult. My most treasured ornament is the one we bought in 2003, when I was expecting the baby I eventually miscarried. We were so full of hope and excitement and when I see the name "baby" on that ornament, I am reminded ot that.

Have a great day.

No comments: