Friday, August 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • I was very pleased with our first week of school. Everything went very smoothly (well, everything related to school, not EVERYthing)
  • The schedule I followed helped tremendously. Makes me wonder why I've been so STUBBORN in not following one the past 13 years...
  • If you didn't catch that, we are now beginning our thirteenth year of homeschooling.
  • I've got 17 more to go.
  • I won't be done homeschooling until I'm 60.
  • I'm depressing myself. (Just kidding!)
  • We found out that our dog Trigger (click here to read Trigger's story) fathered puppies. They look just like him! We want one so badly; however, we already have THREE dogs. Adding one more would be too much. Wouldn't it???
  • Paul Jr. started his second semester of college this week. I can't get over the price of his textbooks. One of them cost $200 and another cost $300. That is beyond overpriced- it's taking advantage. He did find one online for much less, and found another at Goodwill for $2. Gotta love Goodwill!

Good Night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...does that mean Pastor Paul let ya'll go look at the puppies? I bet they are adorable..what's one more with 3 already in the house. That's always been my motto with cats anyway. :) Tell Paul Jr. to try amazon.com and buy used textbooks that way. That is what I did for my online school as much as I could. Tell him to sell them back to the college bookstore too when he is done he won't reuse them and at least he will recoup a little of the money.

Love,
Kelly Lancaster

Unknown said...

Elizabeth - you stubborn about a schedule? Do tell!

Elizabeth said...

Why honey, I think I just did!