Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Good Read

I think I've found a new favorite author. Her name is Lynn Austin and I read three of her books in the past few weeks. Two of the books were in the Chronicles of the Kings series, about Kings Ahaz and Hezekiah in the Old Testament. I couldn't put them down. They really brought the stories in the Bible to life. I went and read the Bible accounts of the books, and while she took alot of liberty, they were historically accurate.
The other book was historical fiction also, set in the early 1900's and is the story of 3 girls emmigrating to the United States. The name of this books is "Until We Reach Home and it is very well written and interesting. I will be checking out more of her books from the library this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must try her out. Sounds neat.
Your Ben was so cute at the beach today. Love you Much Mom.

Anonymous said...

Glad my children love to read.
Love, Mom

Elizabeth said...

OK, Moms-- please identify yourselves!! Sometimes it's hard to tell who's who!

Elizabeth said...

OK, Moms-- please identify yourselves!! Sometimes it's hard to tell who's who!

Elizabeth said...

OK, Moms-- please identify yourselves!! Sometimes it's hard to tell who's who!

Elizabeth said...

OK, Moms-- please identify yourselves!! Sometimes it's hard to tell who's who!