Saturday, September 27, 2008

Women of Faith


These past two days I attended the Women of Faith conference in Atlanta with 5 other ladies from our church. It was great. Actually, it was more than great. It started Friday with what they call the "pre conference" with Patsy Clairmont, Jan Silvious and Anita Renfroe. We laughed till we cried at these ladies, and then listened intently as they spoke about living our lives as women pleasing to the Lord.


Then Friday evening, the real conference began. We were treated this year to Max Lucado as he opened the meeting with a beautiful prayer and a great message on John 3:16. Then speaker after speaker got up and just outdid each other with relevant, practical messages on the theme of the conference, "Infinite Grace". We also heard a concert by Nicole C. Mullen, who brought the house down with her song "Redeemer". Sandy Patti was there also and sang many songs, and gave her testimony.


We had a blast. The weekend just flew by. One of the comments we made as we walked out was that there was not a dull moment the entire time. Those speakers and singers had our utmost attention the whole 48 hours we were there, and truth be told, I could have stayed and listened for another 48 hours!


I love the women of faith conferences. They put value on women just getting away to laugh and cry and hear the Word of God. I can't wait till next year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truely this weekend was all about grace. What a joy to have Sherry go with us this year. My life was enriched by the 2 days doing life with you, Cheri, Memory, Karen and Sherry enjoying time together in Atlanta. I am so glad I did not have to drive in Atlanta....Love Mom Dziadul

Nikki said...

Hi, I don't know if I've commented on your blog before but I've been reading your blog for a little while now. I'm a christian army wife stationed in Hawaii. My husband sent me to the Women of Faith conference in April. I went to the one in CA. It was TOTALLY awesome! I can't wait till next year. I just LOVE Anita Renfroe!!

Nikki said...

I do have a wonderful husband! He's the bestest...LOL Your children are beautiful also! Thanks for writing back.