Monday, September 8, 2008

CVS

If you've been reading blogs for any length of time, you know that CVS is a hot blog topic. I had read these blogs for a while, always marveling at what these ladies got for such a small amount of money. I didn't understand how they did that, and didn't really take the time to understand until a few weeks ago. I think I understand now. I've been playing the CVS game for a few weeks, and tonight I was able to come home with a bag full of stuff for very little money!

I got:
3 bars of soap
3 right guard deodorants
2 tubes of toothpaste
1 bag of chex mix
1 bag of twizzlers (Paul Jr's favorite)
3 summer toys on clearance for 90% off regular price to be put away for Christmas

I paid $4.oo. And, I got $15.oo in extra bucks for next week!

I feel like a CVS pro!

If you think about it, if I had passed on the twizzlers (they were on clearance- marked down from $5 to $1.25 )and the summer toys (again on clearance- marked down from around $15 to $1.50), I would have only spent $1.25.

I think I'm hooked.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Huh?? Can you say that again?? Are these just sale item's? End of the year...sales??? Do you go a certain time of the week, month???

Anonymous said...

Well, Elizabeth Rebecca has tried to help me, but I still don't get it. Everytime I get the bucks I spend them and get no more. I will have to follow her in the store. Miss you
Love, Mom

Rebecca said...

It only takes once to get you hooked!!