Saturday, December 1, 2007

December 1st

Can it be December already? Where did November go? Or all of 2007, for that matter? It seems impossible that Christmas will be upon us in less than 25 days- boy, are we not ready!

I've been sewing like crazy these past few days. My sewing machine pedal broke, so I've been without it for a while. Paul fixed it with gorilla glue and a rubber band! Beats paying $70.00 for a replacement! I sewed some stuff for a friend of mine's baby shower. I meant to take a picture of it, but forgot. I made her a "taggie blanket", 3 burp cloths and 3 bibs. It was easy to tell I hadn't sewed in a while- I made every mistake that could be made, and did more "unsewing" than sewing! But, the gifts came out real nice, and I think she liked them.

I got some sad news tonight. My Grandmother (my mom's mom)is dying. Hospice has been called and they are making her comfortable. She has has health problems for years and she suffered a mild heart attack this week. Today, her kidneys started failing. It is only a matter of time before she goes to heaven. My prayer is that God will take her quick, and in her sleep.

But I couldn't be happier for her. She will be healed from all the nagging health issues she's had for years. She will be reunited with the son she lost to cancer over 20 years ago. She will meet up with her mother and father and brothers and sisters. And best yet, she will see Jesus face to face and be able to thank Him personally for His great sacrifice. How could anyone wish her back from that? I'm happy for her, sad for the rest of us, but thrilled we had the privilege of knowing her, of being a part of her life. What a legacy she has left us.

Please keep her in your prayers. Thank you.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

We are praying for you and your family. You have been blessed to have your grandma for so many years. We are never ready for them to go.

We were very impressed with the baby shower gifts you made, good job! Homemade is always special.

Dar

Lynn said...

Beth,

Your mom shared your blog address with me about a month ago at a fellowship meeting in Nebraska.

We went to a Christmas party at a church in Lincoln last night expecting to see your parents there and heard the news that they were on their way to Ohio to be with your grandparents.

Please know that we are praying for your family during this difficult time and will continue to do so.

Know that heaven is anxiously awaiting your grandma's arrival! It's the transition time that is tough!