Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday

The tree is undecorated and out by the curb. That's as far as we got today in our quest to undecorate the house. It will probably take us to Easter to get all the pine needles out! As the kids were getting the boxes out of the attic to store the decorations in, they discovered two more Christmas presents from my mom and dad (sorry mom)and Zack and Sam got to open another present. It was exciting for both of them.

Anna received a Disney/Pixar Monopoly game for Christmas and we started a game tonight and played for about 45 mintues. Then coffee got spilt all over the game board and pieces and we had to quit to salvage and dry out the game. Oh well. It's all a part of life, right? I felt bad for the kid who spilt it. I was always the one spilling stuff as a child, even though I tried hard not to.

15 years ago tonight, I was just starting out in labor for Zack. My water had broken and the contractions were off and on. I can't believe it's been 15 years- I remember it like it was yesterday. I had been induced with Paul, so I wasn't sure how labor would start or how it would feel. It wasn't so bad- yet. I didn't go to the hospital until the morning, so I spent the night waking up from the contractions. It's a good thing I didn't realize how far I had to go or how much pain it would be!

To be continued....tomorrow on Zack's 15th birthday!

No comments: