Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Sunday


Here is a picture of my three youngest children this morning before church. It's not the best pictures, but the looked so nice this morning and I knew they would NOT look like this after church.

We had such nice services this morning. A full house and lots of visitors and old friends were there to celebrate Communion together.

Our church has six pregnant ladies- 3 attend regularly and 3 are daughters or daughters in laws of some of our members. All 6 were there this morning. As I looked around at the other 5 ladies, I came to some startling realizations:
*2 of them could be my daughters
*I am at least 10 years older than the next oldest lady
*I have twice as many children as any of them
*Even though I am not the farthest along (4 of them are farther along), I probably easily feel the farthest!

I know many, many people look at Paul and I and wonder why in the world we would start over at age 40 and 41. I look at this pregnancy as a gift- not that we HAVE to raise another child, but that we are PRIVILEGED to raise another child. We get to do it all over again, and that is a blessing. I am thrilled to have another baby to get up with at night, to change diapers, to take care of, to raise into another wild boy, to potty train, etc., etc. It's so not a drudgery- it's exciting and fulfilling. Now I'm not idyllic- I know the work involved and I know not every day is "exciting and fulfilling" but I also know the reward of doing exactly what God would have me to do at this time in my life.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It's awesome that you guys are embracing another baby! I'm hoping that I'll have more into my 40s, although I still have awhile to go! My mom is almost 51 and still hasn't hit menopause, so maybe I'll be the same way and be having some babies later in life. What a privilege like you said!