Thursday, December 20, 2007

This Week

I have been so busy this week I haven't posted since Monday. Tuesday we had our cookie swap- we brought about 100 cookies and took home about as many, and I think there may be one or two left! We had such a nice time fellowshipping and talking and the kids played outside all day long. It was rather cool that day, but that did not stop them one bit- in fact, most of them were running around barefooted!

Yesterday I focused on getting my Christmas cards out. I can't believe I am so late with that this year, but the first batch is in the mail. I cannot find my address list, so I have had to improvise. Feel free to let me know if you didn't get a card ( I'll be handing out the ones to the church people on Sunday) and I will mail you one.

Zack also had his night last night. He gave everyone such nice gifts, rented a movie, bought ice cream and made nutty fagan. We watched Rataoullie. It was very cute and everyone enjoyed it.

This morning I had a doctor's appointment. I was a little nervous about this appointment. I am 30 weeks pregnant and at this point in my pregnancy with Samuel, I was on complete bedrest for my blood pressure. I had checked it last night and it was good, but I never know what it will be when I get to the doctor's. I knew if it was high, there was a great chance I would be on bedrest, and frankly, I'm not ready for that. It was 120/82. I almost stood up and hugged the nurse. What a relief! Thank you God! I felt like I was given a reprieve, and spent the majority of the day finishing up Christmas shopping, all by myself. It was a wonderful day- I felt great, had lots of energy, and am just about done with the shopping.

Tomorrow I will spend wrapping, and finishing up some last minute things around here. Then I want to spend some significant time sewing- I have skirts to make the girls, and the baby quilt to finish.

Have a good night.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

NUTTY FAGEN!!!!!!!!!

Good choice, Zack.

That's what I'd make, too. My mom has a copy of the recipe that Grandpa wrote out on a piece of notebook paper. It is all buttery and faded, but priceless!