Thursday, December 13, 2007

Open House

We had our annual open house Christmas Party last night. We have done this for about 5 years and we all look forward to it every year. People come and go, we put out a spread for them to snack on, and the kids run around outside, playing who knows what. It is a festive time which everyone enjoys.

I usually make all or most of the food, which I enjoy. I am glad to do this for the people of our church family, and like to try out new recipes. But this year was different. I was wondering how I was going to get the house in order, shop for food and then cook all the food in 2 days, since we had just gotten back from Ohio early Tuesday morning. It was going to be tight, but I was sure we could get it done. The ladies in my church had a different idea. I was told that they were bringing all the food and I didn't need to make anything. Wow. I wasn't sure I liked that idea, being the proud woman that I am, but the practical part of me realized that it was a gift- instead of me doing this for them this year, they were doing it for me. And as it got closer to Wednesday night, I was very grateful to know I did not have to spend all day, on my feet, in the kitchen.

I did make a few things, but the difference was I was able to enjoy making those few things instead of trying to get everything made. And let me tell you, we had quite the spread last night. The table and the breakfast bar were filled with delicious food. The house was full of people laughing and talking. The yard was filled with children running and playing. It was a good night.

Thank you ladies for making sure I was able to enjoy the evening.

1 comment:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

What a great time! Thanks for still having it with so little time to prepare.

Grateful Friends,

The Creaths