Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Time for another WFMW! I am kind of at a loss at what to tell you all about. But one Valentines Day sticks out in my memory. We had been married about 5 years and had 2 little boys and an even littler amount of money. It was Val. Day, and I had nothing for my sweetheart. I scrounged around and found a card that would work, but nothing for a gift. In my scrounging around, I came across a poem Paul had written. It was on the back of a piece of paper, like most of his poems were. I had a lightbulb moment! I flew around that house while my boys were napping, and came up with most of the poems that I knew he had written. I typed them up on the computer, printed them up and bound them in a folder.

He was shocked when he saw what I had done and touched that I would put that much work into a gift for him. He loved seeing his poetry all typed and printed and looking so nice. And, a few weeks later, I copied all the poems and sent them to his mom for her birthday. A double whammy!
That's my big idea! It worked for me and maybe it will spur your imagination to a homemade gift for your sweetheart. Read more ideas at http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com.

No comments: