Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I do not like cleaning the shower/tub. It is one of my most disliked jobs in the house. For many years, I did not clean the shower until things were growing in there and then it took me a LONG time to get it clean and it took alot of cleaner/bleach to get it respectable.

Now, I keep a scrubie just for cleaning the shower in the shower and when I take my shower, I scrub the walls using bath soap/gel. This works because I am able to get all parts of the shower, including the tub part, and it doesn't matter if I get wet. I do not have to use chemicals- only my shower gel. I try to do this every other day or so, so the shower does not ever look dirty.

Works for me!! Read more at http://www.rocksinmydryer.typepad.com

3 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

I do this too....but I've been using reagular cleaning agents and am always worried that I'm gonna inhale too much or get splashed -- cleaning with the bath gel would be so much easier!

thanks for the tip.

Kacey said...

Sounds great to me. I have asthma and most bathroom cleaners wreck your lungs, so my husband has been doing it for the last couple of years. He isn't as fussy as I am, so every so often I catch what he misses. This sounds like what I need to do. Thanks!

Nikki said...

Great tip. I like the bath soap/gel idea. I actually have some shower gel I don't use anymore that I could use for mine. I just started cleaning my shower while showering and I love that it always looks clean! The bottom of the shower got so gross that I sprinkled a little cleanser on it and with a washcloth and my bare feet scrubbed it back and forth. Now it's my daily ritual.