Thursday, February 8, 2007

Thursday

I finished reading Terri Maxwell's Managers of Their Chores. It was a great book, and offered a unique way to do chores with chorepacks. We will implement this system; however, I don't think it will work until we impliment a schedule. So, back to Managers of Their Homes.


I do not like the idea of a schedule. I do not like the idea of having to do what the schedule says when it says it. I want to do what I want to do, when I want to do it. However, this mentality has caused us to have the worst homeschooling year in our 10 year history. Even I know we need a schedule and I am willing to do what it takes to get it done right. Flexibility is great, but it can also be a detriment. Balance is the key and we are falling short on the side of structure in the name of flexibility. So changes are coming......


This is one of my favorite pictures of my son Samuel. He was 2 months old and so cute. I miss the days of having a baby around. I'm praying God will send me 1 or 2 more. I'm only 40, so it could happen, but it's not. Pray for me!


Have a great day.


Beth

1 comment:

Looney Mom™ said...

Hi there. I popped over from someone's WW post and this post caught my eye. I have both of those books and I know I NEED a schedule - in general just to maintain some order in our home - but I just can't seem to get one started. I'm just a seriously disorganized person - and a major procrastinator too! Bad combo! Not good with 4 kiddos at home!

Cute pic. I love to look at my kids' baby pics.