Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blessings


How young my husband and I look in this picture! It was taken about 4 months before we were married in 1988. We were so young and innocent and thought we knew it all. Little did we know what we were in for. Our first year of marriage was rough. We were both stubborn and selfish and it showed. We had many fights and disagreements and too many ugly words. But, somehow, God blessed us.
Our marriage did not "bloom" until we lost a baby in 2003. It was then that we realized life was not about us, but about raising the next generation for Him. We realized that not every pregnancy would result in a healthy baby. We learned that losing a baby, at any time during a pregnancy, hurts worse than you can imagine. And we learned that we can hang onto God and His truth during the most devastating times.
And through this, we learned that every life is a gift, even a life that lives for only eleven weeks in utero. That short life was a gift. Samuel, our son born after the miscarriage, is a treasure, because we know the pain of losing a life.
I am begging God for another gift, another life to pour my life into. His answer has been no so far, and I am submitting to His perfect will. If His answer is permanently no, then I will be OK with that. But until I know that for sure, I will keep asking and begging Him to bless me.
"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the Name of the Lord".

1 comment:

GiBee said...

I totally understand!

I've had 6 miscarriages, fought infertility, just experienced another miscarriage two weeks ago, and understand the importance of cherishing my only child and rasing him to love the Lord with all his heart!

Blessings to you and your efforts for another miracle!