Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday

My heart is heavy this morning. 3 year old Jillian, daughter of a blogger that I've been reading for over a year, has a football sized tumor inside her chest that is squishing her heart. Her condition has gone from serious to grave in a matter of hours. If they don't do something quick, she may die within 3 days. Her mom's name is Katie. Please keep them both in your prayers.

It seems that lately I've read about alot of children that have gone to be with Jesus on blogs. Canon, Elena, Eliot, Joel, are just a few. Many days I've read the blogs with tears streaming down my face. How easily it could be my children.

My oldest son turned 17 yesterday. One more year and he will be of "legal" age. We're not sure about his future direction, but he is committed to following God's plan for his life, as are we. We are praying God will make that direction clear in the next few months.

3 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

That is tragic. I know what you mean.

I hope your son does follow God's calling. We've watched our 2 eldest children walk away and make very poor choices. It's very heart-breaking.

Gene Bach said...

Bad things happening to kids are hard to swallow for certain. I hope things work out for that little girl.

Unknown said...

I'll keep these little one in my prayers.