Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 7- Carlsbad National Park

We got up and drove to Carlsbad National Park. We went here because Paul Jr. really wanted to go splunking (cave exploring), so he and his dad signed up for the spider cave tour. No one else would go- espcially me. Crawling around in caves in not my idea of fun!

Their tour started at 1 and didn't end until 5. The rest of us went on a self guided tour of what they called "The big Room"- like the name implies, it was a room the size of 14 football fields full of cave "stuff". It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get through it. I am not a cave person and after the first 15 minutes, I was ready to be done.

Paul and Paul, however, had quite the time. Paul Sr. had to fight back panic as they had to crawl through an opening 12 inches high and 24 inches around- they crawled through this for 30 feet! I can't even imagine. He had bruises all over his arms from crawling through the caves! I will have to post pics of this later as I am running out of time. Paul Jr, however, was ready to go on the hardest tour!

No comments: