Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Ellie!!

Today Ellie turned 10 years old. I can't hardly believe that my baby girl is that old. It seems that for so long, Ellie was the baby and the young one; however, now she's not. She's one of the older ones. Sometimes it just blows my mind.

So, in honor of her birthday, here are 10 things about Ellie.
  1. She LOVES horses. She lives and breathes for horses. I'm not really sure how this passion came about, but she is all about the horse.
  2. Ellie is very quick in schoolwork. She picks up new concepts quickly and is able to almost teach herself already. She very rarely has any correcting work to do.
  3. She is a wonderful helper with Sam and Ben. She loves to take each of the boys either outside or in their room and play with them. She also is the main bath giver at nighttime and can also change a stinky diaper without complaint.
  4. She is a great cleaner. She can clean almost as good as I can, provided she wants to. She can also take a 20 minute job and turn it into 2 hours!
  5. She is the only one of my children to call me momma. She has never called me mom or mommy.
  6. Ellie played softball for the first time this past spring, and LOVED it. She also discovered she's not half bad at it either.
  7. She is in Florida for a week with her grandparents, loving it. It's very rare that she gets to be the only child, so I am sure she is enjoying every minute of it.
  8. Ellie is a momma's girl and always has been. She has always had to be near me or with me until not that long ago. She would always tell me when I left her that she would "cry about me".
  9. She loves clothes and always has. Once when she was about 18 months, she wandered off into my room. When we went to find her, she came prancing out, wearing as many of my clothes as she could put around her neck. She was sooooo proud of herself.
  10. She is a wonderful part of our family and I thank God every day for her.

Happy 10th birthday Ellie! Mom loves you very much.

3 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Happy Birthday from the Creaths! Hope you're having a great time in Florida!

Vicki said...

Happy birthday Ellie!!! I'm sure you are having a wonderful time with your grandparent's in FLORIDA.

Anonymous said...

Ellie Girl you are a treasure in our family. You are so sweet and I have so enjoyed you from the first day I laid eyes on you. Hope you are having loads of fun in Florida we all miss you. See you soon and looking forward to celebrating your 10th birthday when you get back. Better late than never. Your Nana and Poppy Uncle Andy and Uncle Dave