Saturday, January 24, 2009

This Week

  • Where did it go??
  • The scoobs (Paul's pajama pants that Sam has slept with every night for the past 2 years) caught on fire. Yes, you read that right. They caught on fire. Sam, for whatever reason, threw them into the oven. No one saw him do this and we didn't realize anything was wrong until there was a burning smell in the house. Don't worry, they survived, no worse for the wear.
  • Tuesday evening we had a friend of Paul's over for dinner. He lost his wife not quite a year ago and is very lonely. He was so delighted to get out of his house and we were so delighted to have him. I was very proud of my kids as they talked with him and made him feel so at home.
  • When Paul's friend arrived (now, he has a pretty good sized white beard), Sam came running into the kitchen where I was and said, "MOM! Ellie said that guy is Santa Claus' brother!" very loudly. I looked at Ellie (after realizing 'that guy' was right behind Sam) and it was all we could do not to burst out laughing.
  • Another one of Paul's friends dropped off 5 large garbage bags full of clothes, most of which were just the right size for Anna. These were not Walmart clothes; the bags were full of name brand clothing. (Anna could really care less, but name brand clothes are usually pretty well made). She was thrilled! Ellie also found some clothes in the bags that will fit her.
  • 2 of my best friends from high school and I have decided to get away for a weekend together. I haven't seen the one since we graduated TWENTY FIVE years ago this June and the other I haven't seen in over 13 years. I'm so excited! I have never had the opportunity to do anything like this!
  • The mouse is back. He woke me up at 6:30 yesterday morning, scratching and chewing. I contemplated going out into the living room, but I was so tired and the bed was so warm, that I just covered my ears and went back to sleep. He wasn't in my room, he was in the wall. UGH
  • We had a wonderful ladies fellowship last evening. We were able to open up a bit, one to another and ended the evening with a touching time of prayer. God is good!
  • Have a great Lord's Day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipes I suppose a little burning couldn't damage the scoobs much more than the dragging and sleeping with them has. The mouse has to go think sticky pads, poison (well out of childrens reach) guns, bows and arrows, Hanging, anything but get him out maybe one long loud scream will get him to leave. Loved the ladies night out and the weekend with your friends will be great girl. Love Mom Dziadul

Anonymous said...

I just read today that if you are having trouble catching a mouse with PB or cheese try a fresh piece of chocolate. Good luck!
Sherry