Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday

I apologize for not writing more often this past week. Honestly, I haven't taken any pictures or video either. This mouse thing has me so disoriented I'm having a hard time just doing the necessary things. Traps have been set and out for a week, but he hasn't touched them. We think he is in the wall, and somehow comes and goes. I tried sleeping in my room a few times, and when the lights go out, the mouse starts scratching and chewing and I just can't take that. So I've been sleeping on the couch for the past week and it is starting to get to me. The couch is not that comfortable and I don't sleep well on it.

Benjamin has done great without a bottle in bed. It figures now that I've got him sleeping through the night again, I'm not. He's such a sweet baby and Paul and I just enjoy him so much. He still shows little to no interest in walking- he much prefers to crawl.

Samuel received some money for Christmas and he has enjoyed having his own little stash. When we have gone to Goodwill, he has found toys that he wants to buy. Our Goodwill has had their toys 50% off the past few weeks, so he's been able to get quitie a few nice things. It's so cute to watch him, as he insists on paying the cashier himself. And when he gets change, he's so excited that the lady gave him more money back!

Hopefully the mouse will be caught soon and life as we know it will get back to normal.

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

You found me!...Hope you get the mouse...for EVERYONE's sake!! HA As for the rest....Shield up, sword unsheathed, belt tightened, breastplate acknowledged, visor down, feet shod and ONWARD INTO THE DAY! Grace to You, Sister! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Benjamin is doing well without his "security" bottle. Also praying that your unwanted "mouse-guest" will soon vacate the premises!

Cherie

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I did not know you were so afaid of mice. How ever did you manage in Long Island. Remember?
Love & Miss you, Mom