Friday, January 23, 2009

Benjamin at 11 Months

Benjamin turned 11 months today. 1 more month and he will be a year old. Amazing. He's still such a sweet baby, but here lately, he's been showing us something that, um, we don't quite like. He has entered the world of fit throwing. Just like that! He does not like to be told no, and he will show his displeasure by arching his back and usually screaming! Poor baby doesn't know what he's in for as Paul and I try to teach him self control!
He's not a good napper. I'm lucky if he sleeps an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Sam still takes much longer naps than that! I've been spoiled! But, I will say, he now sleeps 10 to 12 hours at night, which makes for a much happier mama.

He's not interested in walking, he much prefers to crawl. He tolerates the playpen, but lets us know real quick when he thinks he's been in it too long.

He loves Sam. Usually just a look from Sam and Ben will smile. Ben loves to look at books, and he loves to rip up books.
He is a very good eater and eats lots of food at every meal. Ever since he recovered from the stomach flu in December, he has started packing it in. I am amazed at how much he eats. He loves his bottle. He only has it for about one more month, so I'm not sure how he'll deal with giving it up.
He says mama, dada, pretty and this. And maybe bye bye and baba.

He loves Trigger, but does not care for Bella.

The past few weeks, he has not done well in church at all. I've had to take him out the past two Sundays because he would not settle down.

If you look at his mouth, you can see him saying this. He was showing us the leaves saying, "this, this." So cute!
And a picture of the other baby in our house. She's a mess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a treasure that boy is. How did we live without him? I love his smiles and sweetness. I couldn't believe my ears Wed night to hear he is saying words. He is another smart little life, I can hardly believe we have had him nearly a year. Thank you for all those precious, priceless blessings Elizabeth I am awed by your care and teaching of them. Well done good and faithful Mother.
Your Mother in Law