Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday


We had our church services this morning on the beach. This is something we do often at our church, but I think this morning was the coldest it has ever been when we've had church on the beach. As I drove to church this morning, it was 48 degrees out. Add to that the wind blowing off the lake and you can see how cold it was. Benjamin was all bundled up!
Even though it was cold, we still had a full house. After Paul spoke (a very strong message), we had communion. But before we partook, we each nailed our names on a wooden cross, reminding us of how much our sin cost Christ. It was very moving.

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Sunday's assembly was inspiring! Sort of a combination of "the best of" church and camping--without the cold tent! Turn-out was impressive...But God's faithfulness is over-the-top!
A BIG thank you to the guys who helped set it all up (and take it down..)
Sorry to hear about Miss Norma's boo boo head :(

Lisa for the Metcalfe's

Anonymous said...

What a blessing the service was. I enjoyed the burning of the "sins" we wrote and threw in the burning barrels as we went to nail our names on the cross. I asked my son Andy if he wanted me to write a sin of his or give him the pen to write one and he said no he couldn't think of any sin in his life. I have been tickled and in teasing I call him, the only sinless one in our house. He is such a blessing and in nearly 40 years of being his lucky Mom I would say he is totaly honest and closest to sinless and most remorseful when he does get out of sorts of any one I have ever known. He is a delight and I rejoiced when he told me he is keeping that paper in his dresser drawer in case he sins he can write on it and have me destroy it for him. Would that we all were so pure in our living and as trusting in our relationships as my Andy. Makes me wonder who is handicapped in this world. Judy Dziadul