Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Day Before Thanksgiving

Growing up, it seems one of the most exciting days in the year was the day before Thanksgiving. My Dad took my younger brother on a trip to upstate New York with him, and they were gone from Monday morning to late Wednesday night. That left just my mom, my sister and I.

Mom always made it fun when dad went away, and preparing for Thanksgiving made it just that more fun. When I was in school, we only got Thanksgiving and the Friday after off. But mom let us take the Wednesday before off to help her prepare for the big day. (Although, looking back, I really wonder if we "helped" her!) We cooked and cleaned and just had a great time together. I really don't remember anything we cooked (we did cook didn't we mom??), and of course I don't remember cleaning (I'm sure I wasn't a great help there!), but I do remember the fun we had just spending the day together.

One of the greatest memories from my childhood. Thanks mom.

Originally posted Nov. 21st, 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were some of my favorite memories too. Remember going to the mall and eating out. Time just goes too fast.
Love, Mom