Monday, November 3, 2008

Random Thoughts

- Benjamin is teething again. Nuff said.
- The leaves around here have reached their peak, according to the newspaper. I think I agree.

-Sunday after church we had a picnic on the beach with a couple of other families. When it was over, a friend of ours from the community offered to give us a ride around the lake in his big pontoon boat. It was such a beautiful day, we agreed. What a nice ride it was! His boat was so nice and the weather fabulous. Even Benjamin really enjoyed himself. My only regret was that I didn't have my camera to capture his expressions.

-Paul and the kids processed the 2 deer he had shot last week on Saturday. I have no more freezer room, literally. I think he said we have 40 pounds of ground meat, just from those 2. I didn't watch. I just don't want to see anything that would make me not want to eat it. It is good meat and we use it in anything we would use hamburger in.
-Saturday Paul made corned "beef". He had taken some of the roasts from the deer Zack shot several weeks ago and "corned" them. I am not a big corned beef fan, but I make it on occasion because he and the kids love it. I'm telling you, the corned venison is BETTER than the corned beef. I was not expecting that! I have grown to like ground venison, but I do not really enjoy just plain venison steak or roast. This was different- it was great!

-Tomorrow is Election Day. My kids keep asking me who I think will win and I honestly tell them, I do not know. They love to go and watch us vote. One year when they were little, we told them we were going to vote. When we arrived at the voting place, one of them started crying. (I can't for the life of me remember who it was) We asked him/her why they were crying. "I want to see the boat!" they answered. They misunderstood and thought we were going to see a boat! After that we have always tried to over pronounce the "v" in vote!

-Goodnight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That corned venison was GREAT! I'll post that recipie on my blog soon. I love Ben's look aka "The Winkster".

Anonymous said...

Is Zac teaching Ben to play piano? Ben looks taken with the music. Corned venson yum... Nana and Poppy