Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Tale of Two Babies

A little over a year ago, my friend Vicki and I began walking together in the evenings. I enjoyed our time together, as we got to talk with no interruptions from our children. We both expressed our desire for God to expand our families once again. She has three boys, and her youngest was 8 at the time. I had been wanting to get pregnant for about 2 years, and nothing was happening. It made me wonder if it was ever going to happen for me. She was sure she wasn't going to get pregnant again, barring a miracle from God.

So we walked and after walking we prayed, and poured out our desire for more children to God.

You all know what happened to me on February 22. Benjamin Robert Anthony was born, as an answer to prayer.

But you don't know what happened to Vicki! Late last week she receved word that her family was approved to become foster parents. She found out, a couple of months ago, of a baby needing a good home, right in her own extended family. Her husband agreed, and they decided to try and bring this baby into their home. Within the next few weeks, that will happen. What an answer to prayer! They don't know how long this baby will stay with them; could be a short time, could be forever. But, she is so thankful for the opportunity, however long, they have to love and care for him.

I am so thankful to God that He heard and answered both of our prayers. Now when we walk, we will both be pushing strollers. God is good, all the time.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

God is truly amazing to give us the desires of our hearts!! What an awesome God we serve!

Dar

Vicki said...

Ditto!!! What Dar said!!! I'm in tears..
Vicki

p.s. I don't know if I will get to sleep tonight. :)

Thanks for lending us your family to get the floor's done as they look GREAT! I think your house is next. :)