Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday

I took these pictures of the boys yesterday before church. They turned out so cute! I just love having 2 little boys again.Last night, we had a mild thunderstorm. Our dog, Trigger, is terrified of thunder and rain, and goes crazy when this happens. I looked over at him and he was sitting in the corner with his face to the wall! He was in time-out! Of course I had to take a picture of him and all the kids knowingly said Trigger is going to be blogged about again! They know me so well.Today we had kind of a lazy day. I was trying to get the laundry caught up from the weekend and make sure the house was clean. I needed to run to the store this afternoon, so Paul and Anna went with me. On the way back home, Paul stopped at the church to pick up a few things. I waited in the van and Anna got out. The next thing I knew, I saw her out of the corner of my eye walking towards the church door. She stopped and picked up the leg of her pants. I saw something white on her knee, but didn't know what it was. She looked down, and then looked up and started calling for me frantically. She had fallen and split her knee wide open. I took her into Paul and he determined that she needed to go to the doctor. To make a long story short, she ended up getting 17 stitches. I have never seen a "cut" so bad. It was at least an inch deep and was very painful as the doctor numbed it so he could stitch it up. I don't have a picture of it (yet :) as it is all wrapped up in a bandage. We have to take her back tomorrow so they can be sure it is healing well.
Poor Anna. She was very nervous about having it stitched up, but she did great. Another day in the life of our family. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Anna...first her arm now stitches in her leg. Please tell her I hope she feels better soon.

Love,
Kelly

Vicki said...

I love the boy's picture's too!!! and lil' Trigger my need some help from the dog whisperer...ha,ha,ha!

Oh, I just want to hug Anna. I prayed for her and I hope there isn't any infection.

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Anna - I went through the same thing when I was 10. I cut my knee really bad while outside playing hide-n-seek. I'll always remember seeing "something white" as your mom put it and yelling for someone to get my mom. I ended up with 12 stitches and my knee wrapped up like yours! Now almost 40 yrs later you can barely see the scar. Hope you heal up soon and you'll have a story to tell your children someday when they are crying over a skinned knee!