Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday






It was a funny day today. In the interest of making sure Benjamin eats and gains weight, he and I spent the entire day in my bed. This way I could make sure that he could eat anytime he wanted too without any distractions. I must say, he did eat better today than he has before. I plan on doing this tomorrow also, so we can get our nursing routine down before life starts in earnest again.


My husband Paul is the one who suggested that I take these two days to do this. He has been incredible since Benjamin was born- actually, throughout my pregnancy. He is so thoughtful of me and assures me over and over that I am doing the right thing. He makes it easy to trust him, even though this is not his area of expertise!


Thanks Paul. You are the best and I am privileged to be your wife.




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Elizabeth,
I agree with Paul on this. I felt a little "guilt" because of having to put some things on hold to be available to nurse Emily. Then I was reminded that my #1 ministry was to my children and that God esteems motherhood above all other ministries. It was your husband who told me that. I've never forgotten it. Life will fall into a routine of sorts and you'll find yourself learning to live in 3-hour increments. Relax and enjoy this special time with your new son.