Friday, March 14, 2008

Benjamin at 3 Weeks

Today Benjamin turned 3 weeks old. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already; on the other hand, I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks! We made another trip to the doctor this afternoon only to find that he had gained only 2 ounces again this week. I had already been giving him some formula in hopes that he would gain weight, but now he is eating formula exclusively. Hopefully this will turn him around and he will put on some weight.

It's amazing to me that Benjamin, our sixth child, is so different from his siblings. You would think after 5, that the sixth one would be like the others. He is different in so many ways. My children have always had small feet as babies. Not Benjamin. His feet are so big! My children have always had alot of hair. Not Benjamin! He was almost bald on the top when he was born.

I was trying to think what in the world I wrote about on this blog before I got pregnant and had him. I can't remember. I'm going to have to go back and read through the archives to see what was going on in my life before pregnancy and babies!
It hit me today that Easter is next week. Boy that came fast. I feel like I've been out of it for three weeks-most days I don't even know what day it is. I'm hoping to return to some sense of normalcy soon. All I've thought about so far is feeding the baby, but now that others can help me with that, hopefully our schedule will return and life will return to normal. (If there is such a thing!)

No comments: