Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday- the "Brand Loyal" Edition




Rocks in My Dryer (http://www.rocksinmydryer.typepad.com) is hosting a brand loyal edition of Works for me Wednesday. I don't have many products I am "brand loyal" too, but there are a few:

-Magic Erasers- I LOVE these. I spent maybe 5 minutes cleaning several pieces of art off my hall walls the other day. When my older children were young, cleaning up crayon/pen/pencil off the wall was an all day affair, usually ending in repainting. Just a word of caution- little children should not use these. I've seen pictures of young kids who have rubbed them on their face, and they left serious chemical burns. But, if you are careful, they are great.

-Arm and Hammer Laundry Det.- for many years I used only Tide. I loved Tide; however, I didn't love forking over all that money, and we went through it quickly. My friend told me she used A/H, and has 3 boys, and she said it got her clothes clean. So I tried it, and was surprised! Every once in a while I will have to wash something again, but it usually gets it all clean the first time.

Scott toilet paper- I know, not the softest; however,it lasts the longest, and with 7 people in the house, that is a priority. I have bought cheaper tp, but it didn't have the 1000 sheets and we ran out quickly. I have bought Scott since Paul and I were married 19 years ago.

Lipton Decaf. tea bags- tried the others and the tea was too bitter. Lipton makes it just right for our taste buds.

Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing- no other ranch dressing tastes as good as this. Even better is to buy the seasonings and make it yourself.

I'm sure there are more, but that is all my pregnant brain can think of. I've had a rough day; I have a head cold, my throat is sore, and I'm very nauseous. I actually got sick this morning, only the second time for this pregnancy. I keep waiting to feel better- I am almost 15 weeks. It's coming soon, right?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You are right about the Ranch...no other brand of Ranch is quite like Hidden Valley;) I love those Magic Erasers too- they worked great to get junk off of the walls of our house before we sold it!