Friday, September 21, 2007

And it begins....

Paul and the boys left yesterday afternoon on their first hunting/camping trip of the season. I'm not even sure where they are at, but wherever it is, it is full of hunters. It is one week before the "official" deer season begins, so this hunt is an extra, one that many are taking advantage of.

They packed everything in the back of the truck after a morning of trying to locate the camping/hunting stuff. We are not the most organized family, and it really shows at times like this! But, they finally got it all together and took off, only to turn around and come back for the drinks they forgot! We hope they take some deer- we are all out of venison and I miss having it in the freezer and not having to buy ground beef.

Sam, the girls and I got up and out the door fairly early for us this morning. To us, fairly early is 9, especially when it's not Sunday. We went to the MOPS consignment sale just down the road from where we lived. We got there around 9:20 (it opened at 9) and the place was packed. We could hardly move in the huge gym they had it in. I looked around and found some winter clothes for Sam, and went to get in line. The line was down the middle, across the back and all the way up the side! I said forget it! So I put my clothes back on the rack and we left to do some other running around. We checked back at the sale when we were done, about 2 1/2 hours later. There were considerably less people, so we went in and decided to look around. I went to the rack where I had put the clothes I had gathered earlier, and to my surprise, they were all still there! The line was much shorter, so now Sam is all set for winter. I was hoping to find a bassinet, but no such luck. When I got there the first time, they were all sold!

The rest of the day we will spend cleaning- we neglected the house yesterday, and today it shows it.

Have a great day.

No comments: