Sunday, February 6, 2011

Emma at 7 Months

Emma turned seven months old today and celebrated by standing up in her crib for the first time. She was very happy with herself and did not understand why she couldn't get up yet. (She had just been put down for a nap).
We immediately lowered the mattress so she wouldn't fall out.
She is still a wonderful baby. The only time she ever fusses is when she is put down for a nap. She does not see the need for sleep at all and registers her complaints quite loudly.
She has mastered the art of sitting up without wobbling and she has mastered getting herself into a sitting position. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks and has moved a little bit. She will be crawling very soon.
Emma will also straighten her legs out like she is going to stand up while her hands are still on the floor. It is quite something to see.
She eats baby food three times a day and enjoys it very much. She takes 4 bottles every day and has learned this month to hold her own bottle.
If you hold out your hands to her, she will put her hands up so you will take her. Whenever I walk into the room, she will look at me and put her hands up for me to take her. I must say I enjoy that very much!
Emma says "dada" but I'm not convinced she understands who that is. Her dad is convinced she knows it's him. I've heard her say mama only once or twice, plus alot of other sounds.
Her hair is crazy! She did not lose any on the top so it constantly falls into her face unless we have it pulled back.
Emma has learned so much this past month it just amazes me when I stop and think about it. I enjoy watching her learn and do new things; however, I already miss her being a little baby. It is truly bittersweet.

No comments: