2. Zack has always been musically inclined, even as a little child. He plays the piano and guitar beautifully and dabbles in the violin and cello.
3. He had his own vocabulary when he was smaller. Examples: beeba- bird fritafer-refrigerator raytel- hotel one maldation mal one- one hundred and one dalmations
4. He was 10 pounds 6.7 ounces when he was born and held the record for the biggest baby in our family until this summer when Emma was born weighing 10 pounds 8 ounces.
5. Ben reminds us so much of Zack when Zack was younger. Ben, however, is much more aggressive than Zack was.
6. When Sam was younger, Zack gave himself the nickname "Bubba" and ever since then, the little children have called him that. And so have Paul and I at times. And it fits him well!
7. Zack reminds me so much of my Dad in looks and in piano playing. When Zack sits down and plays the piano, he even has the same mannerisms that my Dad has.
8. Zack is currently living with my parents in his own apartment. It is the first time in his life he has had his own room, and he is loving it.
9. Zack had some unreasonable fears as a child that are now quite humorous. Once he thought he was going deaf because he had stopped up his ears by sniffing too hard. He was quite shaken up by that. Now we laugh when we remember it.
10. He has never wanted a real cake for his birthday- it is always brownie or cookie cake.
12. He loved to wander the house at night and made frequent stops in the kitchen to get a snack.
13. One night he ended up in our bed with a hot dog and bologna and cheese. I found out he was there by hearing him chewing.
14. He has been taking 2 piano lessons a week since he moved to KS 3 months ago. He played for us in church on Sunday and everyone was amazed at how much he has learned in such a short time.
15. For a while, when he was 3 or 4, his favorite song was "Sentimental Journey". He and Paul would accompany their dad when he would sing at the nursing home and then learned all the old songs. The older people loved to hear those boys sing.
16. He is currently studying for the SAT and has plans to attend college next Fall.
17. On the last day of our mammoth 3 week cross country vacation a few years ago, Zack wore a pair of cut off pajama pants on the ride home because it was the only clean thing he had left to wear. Not even a shirt.